The White House is in the village of Burnham Overy Town with the parish church of St. Clement and a windmill. It is just a mile by road, or a walk across the fields to Burnham Market. The house was built in 1760 and the surrounding farmland forms part of the Holkham estate.
The house has 4 bedrooms, two bathrooms, a shower room, two sitting rooms and a large kitchen with dining area facing out onto the little walled garden. There is a floor plan to show the layout of the cottage. With a cottage some 250 years old, nothing is standard! Ceiling heights vary, as do door sizes and some rooms have steps at their entrance, all adding to the character of the building.
The windmill in the background photo is just a few hundred yards from the house.
Three of the bedrooms and two bathrooms are upstairs:
- a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom with bath, shower, wc and handbasin
- a further double bedroom
- a large twin bedroom
- a bathroom with bath, hand held shower, wc and hand basin
Downstairs you will find:
- a fourth twin bedroom which looks out onto the garden
- a shower room with walk-in shower, wc and handbasin
- the first sitting room with comfortable sofas, a TV, surround sound DVD player, and a selection of DVDs and board games for all ages
- a free to use WiFi connection, an iPod/iPhone dock with speakers, and a telephone that is for outgoing emergency use only. [Note: Mobile phone reception is very good.]
- a second sitting room, with wood burner for those quieter moments, with plenty of books for company
- a kitchen is well equipped with a cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher
- a separate dining room with french doors that open to the garden
- a utility area with washing machine
Bed & Breakfast in Cornwall
You may also be interested in our Bed & Breakfast property in Cornwall: Hornacott.